Pacific Northwest Implant Studio offers safe, reliable dental implants that can give you back your natural smile. Once your implants are placed and healed, they need no more care than your original teeth, making them a great option for many of our patients with missing or damaged teeth.
Implants are made of 3 parts: a metal post that is placed in the jawbone to act as a tooth root, an abutment that attaches the post to the crown, and the crown which replicates the appearance of the rest of your teeth.
Eugene dental implants are a sensible treatment option for people with missing teeth, regardless of the reason. They are a permanent alternative to dentures, which is why some patients prefer implants.
However, due to the unique nature of smiles, not every patient may be an ideal candidate for a dental implant.
If the following apply, dental implants may be an option:
- Your jawbone is fully developed and has the proper bone density to support a post
- Other than the affected tooth/teeth, you have healthy oral tissue
- There are no health conditions that would affect healing
- You don’t smoke
You also need to be able to commit to the treatment process, which can take several months between procedures and healing time.
Dental Implant Service
We find that when patients understand their upcoming procedure, they tend to have less anxiety about it and have an overall better experience.
With that in mind, here’s a brief rundown of what dental implants entail:
- The original tooth is removed if needed.
- Bone is grafted to the jawbone to increase the amount of bone where the implant will go. Grafting is not necessary in all cases.
- The dental implant is placed. A period of healing is required after the implant is secure. Over time, bone will grow around the new implant to strengthen it.
- An abutment is placed. This is the piece that connects the existing implant to the future crown.
- The artificial tooth (crown) is created and placed. Our crowns are carefully fabricated to match the shape and color of your natural teeth.
We offer consultations that will give you a diagnosis, treatment plan, and financial information at one time so you can make the best decision for your oral health.
If any medications will be necessary for your treatment, we’ll double check with your general physician to make sure these are medications you can tolerate. Renew your smile today and give us a call at (541) 345-0004.